Bona Traffic HD With Hardener
£107.00 Exc VAT
A lacquer offering ultimate durability and an extremely fast hardness development time – meaning the floor can go back into full use after just 12 hours.
An ideal choice for shops and public locations where minimal downtime is important and the highest possible durability is required. Its low emissions and low odour make it possible to use without vacating the adjacent areas and ensures there is no lingering smell. Non yellowing formulation.
- A two-part, water-based floor lacquer for high foot traffic environments
- Ideal for commercial floors including offices, pubs, shops and community halls
- Extremely durable and hard wearing
- Allows full traffic within 12 hours
- Offers a clear, non-yellowing finish
- GreenGuard approved for low indoor emissions
- Low V.O.C
|No. of coats||2|
|Coverage||Up to 10m² per litre|
|Drying time||3 hrs|
Bona Traffic HD is one of the world's toughest and fastest drying lacquers for wooden floors exposed to extreme wear, allowing full traffic to be resumed in just 12 hours. Widely used in hotels, restaurants and airports, where maximum durability and a short downtime is essential. It is also recommended for use in schools and nurseries due to its very low indoor emissions.
- Looking for exceptional durability with an anti-slip finish? Use Bona Traffic HD Anti Slip
- Require a durable, single-part varnish for domestic environments? Consider Bona Mega Varnish
Ensure that floors to be varnished are clean, dry and free from all traces of dust, dirt, grit, oil, wax and any other surface contaminates before application.
- For filling gaps between floor boards and skirting boards, use Bona Gap Master
- For filing holes, splits, dents and other surface imperfections, use Bona Mix and Fill or Bona Mix and Fill Plus
Preparation of Pre-Varnished Floors
Bona Traffic HD will normally have very good adhesion to pre-varnished flooring, however, it is advisable to check the intercoat adhesion prior to overcoating. To check intercoat adhesion, apply a coat of Bona Traffic HD to a pre-prepared area. Allow the coating to set for 3 days then scratch the treated floor surface gently with a coin. If the Bona Traffic finish stays firmly attached to the surface, the adhesion is satisfactory and the main application can begin.
Preparation of Wax, Oiled or Polished Floors
Floors pre-treated with waxes, polishes or other similar products cannot be overcoated with Bona Traffic HD and should be fully sanded back to bare wood to at least 120 grit, then primed with a suitable wood primer.
Bare Wooden Floors
For bare, freshly sanded floors it is recommended to use a wood primer. Primers help with adhesion between the varnish and floor and can help with the colouration of the final finish.
If an alternate colour change is required, see Bona Decor Paint for a range of opaque floor coatings or for a more transparent look, Bona Craft Oil 2K, which can be applied instead of a primer.
Please note: Allow Bona traffic HD to reach room temperature before use.
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the container at all times. To mix smaller quantities of lacquer and hardener, mix the required amounts using the Bona Traffic Mix Bottle
Optimal application conditions are between 18-25°C and 30-60% relative air humidity. High or low temperatures and humidity may shorten or lengthen the drying time. Minimum temperature for use is 13°C.
Where a longer drying time is required due to high temperature and/or low humidity, Bona Retarder can be added to the varnish to increase the 'open time' of the product.
Mixing in the Hardener
- Add appropriate mix of hardener to the lacquer
- Shake immediately for a minimum of 1 minute
- Insert the enclosed filter ready for pouring
- The mixture of hardener and lacquer should be used directly or at least within 4 hours of mixing
- Apply the lacquer using a suitable Bona applicator, as seen above
- Apply with a smooth flowing action, avoiding build up
- Always maintain a "wet edge" to avoid any overlaps
- Allow 2 - 3 hours between sanding/denibbing or re-coating
- Slightly increase drying time after each coat
- Apply a further coat in the same manner
- If necessary, lightly sand or denib using a fine grade sandpaper before the final coat. This is needed if a previous coat has been allowed longer than 24 hours to dry
Take reasonable precautions with the finish during the first few days after application:
- Do not cover (use protective sheets) or lay carpets onto the treated area during the first 3 days following application
- Appropriate protective measures (i.e. felt pads) should be taken for table and chair legs or other objects which could mark the floor
- Immediately wipe up any water or other liquid spillages and take particular care with flower pots
Floors treated with Bona Traffic HD can be subjected to light foot traffic in 8 hours after final application and ready for full use in 12 hours. Allow at least 3 days for the product to fully cure before laying carpets, rugs and moving furniture.
Lacquered floors should be dry swept or vacuumed on a regular basis to remove surface particles of grit, dirt and small stones that could scratch or mark the surface. Wooden floors should never be saturated with water or cleaned with household detergents or cleaners, as part of a regular cleaning routine, as these could significantly reduce longevity and performance of the floor varnish.
For more thorough cleaning and to remove surface scuffs and other marks, Bona have a range of pH-balanced floor cleaners and mops for the job. For regular cleaning the pre-mixed, ready-to-go formulas provide a quick solution whilst the concentrated products are good for scale of economy and deeper cleaning requirements.