Bona Mega Lacquer
£32.00 – £75.00 Exc VAT
Bona Mega Lacquer For Domestic Use
The innovative formulation of Bona Mega offers the superior performance of a 2-component lacquer in a 1-component product, offering superior protection against spills and scuffs.
Bona Mega Lacquer
No mixing is required which means it can be conveniently used straight from the bottle. Bona Mega is versatile and ideal for use on wood floors in offices, smaller shops, hotel rooms and similar locations and as a premium choice for homes. Highly recommended for plank floors and floors with underfloor heating.
Bona Mega produces a subtle rich tone and is therefore not recommended for use over Bona White primer if you are looking to maintain a true white look.
• Superior protection against spills and scuffs
• 1K simplicity with 2K performance
• High resistance to wear
• Highly recommended for underfloor heating
• Excellent flow and levelling
• Proven track record, still unique after 28 million litres and 136 million m2 covered
• Friction approved to DIN 18032:2
|No. of coats||2-3|
|Coverage||Up to 10m² per litre|
|Drying time||3 hrs|
Bona Mega Varnish is a water-based, polyurethane floor varnish. Ideal for offices, small shops, hotel rooms and domestic properties, Bona Mega offers the performance of a 2K floor varnish in a ready-to-use formula. Provides excellent flow and levelling to give an exceptional, professional looking finish every time.
Previously waxed, polished or oiled floors cannot be overcoated with Bona Mega Varnish unless sanded back to bare wood. Floors to be varnished must be clean, dry and free of all dust, dirt and other surface contaminates.
- Sand floors back to bare wood
- Final sanding should be done with a 120 grit sanding disk, screen or good quality sandpaper
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove all traces of sanding dust from the area to be varnished
- For filling small gaps between walls, skirting boards and floors use Bona Gap Master
- For filing holes, splits, dents and other surface imperfections, use Bona Mix and Fill or Bona Mix and Fill Plus
Wood Floor Primers
For application to bare wood floors we recommend using a wood primer. Primers help with adhesion between the varnish and floor and can help with the colouration of the final finish. Bona Mega is compatible with the following primers:
|Bona Classic Primer||A non-yellowing primer that produces light wood colouration for use with the Bona range of varnishes|
|Bona Intense Primer||For a medium rich colouration. Highly suitable for floors with underfloor heating and/or moving floors such as end grain or plank floors. Especially suitable on dense, oily, tropical hardwoods|
|Bona Amber Primer||Produces a rich, amber colouration. Ideally suited for oak and darker tropical species of wood. GreenGuard approved|
Please note: The use of Bona White Primer or Bona Natural Primer is not recommended for this product as the natural ingredients in Bona Mega will yellow the final finish.
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Shake well before use. Ensure room temperature does not fall below 13°C during application and drying. Thoroughly read and follow the manufacturer's instructions on the container at all times.
- Apply thinly with a brush, roller or floor applicator
- Start at the edges and then roll with a smooth flowing action alternately across and with the grain of the wood
- Avoid accumulations of finish and overlap wet-in-wet without interruption
- Allow to dry before applying the next coat. Anticipate slightly longer drying time for each layer that is applied
- If necessary, lightly sand or denib using a screen or the Bona Scrad System, grit P150 or finer before applying the final coat
Where a longer drying time is required due to high temperature and/or low humidity, Bona Retarder can be added to the varnish to increase the 'open time' of the product.
Please Note: If the previous layer of finish has been allowed more than 24 hours drying time then an intermediate sanding is always required. The floor will take light foot traffic approximately 8 hours after the final application. Allow the surface to dry for at least 1 week before covering with carpets or other floor coverings, or loading with heavy objects. Also avoid damp mopping the floor until after this time.
Wooden floors should never be saturated with water as part of a cleaning routine as this will significantly reduce longevity and performance of the finish. Never use household cleaners / detergents as these may degrade or damage the finish
For optimal performance, floors coated with Bona Mega will benefit from being cleaned with one of their floor mops and specifically formulated, pH balanced wood floor cleaners.
One (1) Litre, Five (5) Litres
Matt, Satin, Gloss