Bona Classic Primer
£60.00 Exc VAT
Bona Classic Primer 5 Litre For Domesic Use. Bona Natural primer is designed to help retain a truly natural appearance to unfinished wood. Overcoat with Bona Traffic Natural lacquer for the most natural, ‘unfinished’ look but, at the same, to achieve a highly durable surface. Quick to dry and good abrasion qualities.
Bona Natural Primer
The final colour of Bona Natural primer is strongly connected to the wood species it is applied to. The same type of wood may also contain varying degrees of tannic acid and other naturally occurring substances that affect the colouration. Bona Natural primer can be applied in one or two layers depending on the desired look. The more coats, the lighter/whiter the appearance. If unsure, test to ensure satisfactory colouration prior to use. To optimise the natural characteristics of the floor it is recommended to overcoat using Bona Traffic Natural or any other matt version of Bona Traffic.
Maintains the look of pure wood
Easy roller application
Good abrasion qualities
|No. of coats||1|
|Coverage||Up to 12m² per litre|
|Drying time||2h 30m|
Bona Natural Primer can be used for a range of interior projects where preserving the natural, raw or untreated look of the wood is desired. Although primarily designed for use with wooden flooring, this product can also be used for priming wooden doors, furniture and more.
Ensure wooden surfaces to be treated are clean, dry and free from dust, dirt, grit and any other surface contaminants prior to application of Bona Natural Primer.
- For the best results, surfaces to be treated must be sanded back to bare wood
- Remove all traces of sanding dust with a vacuum cleaner prior to priming
- For filling gaps between floor boards and skirting boards, use Bona Gap Master
- For filing holes, splits, dents and other surface imperfections, use Bona Mix and Fill or Bona Mix and Fill Plus
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow manufacturer's instructions on the container at all times.
Allow product to reach room temperature. Optimal application conditions are between 18-25°C and 30-60% relative air humidity. High and low humidity and temperatures can shorten or lengthen drying times. Minimum temperature for use is 13°C.
- Shake container well before use and insert the supplied filter
- If required, pour the primer through a sieve
- Apply the primer evenly, using a Bona Lacquer Roller or Bona Swivel Head Applicator, avoiding accumulation of product
- Allow to dry for approx. 2-3 hours and then lightly sand or denib using a sanding screen (grit 150 or finer) or the Bona Scrad system to reduce grain raise
- Remove all loose sanding dust
Bona Natural Primer should not be used as the final treatment for wooden floors.
For the lightest, most natural looking finish, overcoat only with Bona Traffic Natural.